What is bank card verification and why do we need it?
Bank card verification is required to confirm ownership and possession of a payment card by a user. Bank card verification permits users to deposit funds from bank cards. In order to withdraw funds to a bank card, you only need to successfully pass identity verification.
What documents does EXMO accept for bank card verification?
To successfully pass bank card verification you must provide the personal data embossed on a card issued in your name and submit it by uploading a photograph of the card.
- We only accept embossed cards issued in your name.
- The cardholder’s name must be the same as the user’s name.
- The name of the cardholder and the first 6 and last 4 digits should be clearly visible in the photo.
How to successfully pass bank card verification?
1. To verify your bank card, select the “Account Verification” section, using the drop-down menu, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. On the next screen, locate ”Card Verification” and click on “Get started”.
Bank Card Verification Steps
The bank card verification consists of the following two steps:
1. To verify the card, you need to fill in details of the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card. You also need to provide the card holder’s name and surname as printed on the card.
2. Upload a photo of the front side of the card (add a photo of the backside of the card if the cardholder’s name is printed on the backside).
Upon finishing the data upload, please click “Finish” and you will see the following message displayed.
This message displaying means that everything is alright and your data is being processed. It usually takes between 20 minutes and 2 hours to process your documents before we confirm successful verification. However, please be aware that the verification process may take up to 24 hours in some instances, in order to comply with rules.
How many bank cards can be verified?
You can verify up to 5 bank cards.
What if my bank does not issue embossed bank cards?
All banks issue embossed cards, however, on occasions, an additional request must be made to the bank to issue it.